WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dave's not here

I've been for the most part, conspicuously absent in the past several months or so, save for a couple of quick flurries here and there, yes, I know. I've had a nice run of musical activity in the past year that has been keeping me busy during this time. I've been hobnobbing with musicians of some reknown, both on the regional level and even on the national level. I've probably spent more in travel expenses than I made at the show, but at least I've been introduced to and played with these guys. If it was baseball, it would be the equivalent of getting called up from single A to double AA. I've been playing out so much that I have spawned a few science projects in my kitchen. Nothing toxic, but I have noticed fewer spiders of late.

I've also been working on a project that will be of much interest to some of our readers who may happen to be in San Francisco at the end of June, the details of which I cannot divulge as this project has not been confirmed as of yet. (If I did, I'd have to kill you.) It's moving closer to fruition, but it's not quite there yet.

In the meantime, I will leave you with some drummer humor.

Little Johnny: Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a drummer!
Mommy: Now Johnny, you can't do both.

Q~ What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?
A~ Homeless.

Q~ How can you tell if there is a drummer knocking at your door?
A~ The knocking speeds up.

Q~ What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians?
A~ A drummer.

Q~ What's the last thing a drummer says before getting kicked out of a band?
A~ Hey guys, why don't we try one of my songs?

Q~ What's the best way to confuse a drummer?
A~ Put some sheet music in front of him.

Q~ How do you get a drummer off your porch?
A~ Pay him for the pizza.

A man goes to a Pacific island for vacation. As the boat nears the island, he notices the constant sound of drumming. As he gets off the boat, he asks a native how long the drumming will go on. The native casts about nervously and says "Very bad when drumming stops."

Later that day, the drumming is still going and it is really starting to get to him. So, he asks another native when the drumming will stop. The native looks as if he's just been spooked. "Very bad when drumming stops," he says, and hurries off.

After a couple of days with little sleep, the man had had enough. He grabbed the first native he saw, slammed him up against a tree, and shouted, "What happens when the drumming stops?!"

The native replied, "Bass solo."




Not published at Fenway West. Yet.

No comments: