WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Red Sox Fan & a Yankee Fan walk into a bar...

Can they watch the game without killing each other?

I've already written about my father being a Yankee fan. I've also written that the newest member of our band is a Yankee fan. Jimmy has been with us for about 5 months now. He's a great guitarist in another band that has three CD's out already, with a 4th due out this year (and I'm on it, but that's another post.) Besides being a great guitarist, we all just love havin' him around. We're all getting along great! The only thing wrong with him is that he's a Yankee fan. OK, so nobody's perfect.


I don't have any fancy MLB.com or cable TV packages, so I wasn't sure where or even if I was going to watch tonight's Red Sox-Yankees game. Jimmy and I had discussed going over to Tom's place on Saturday since he has a huge wide screen digital HD TV screen, and it would be on neutral ground since Tom is a Giants fan. Saturday's plans fell through as Tom had to suddenly move. During the course of discussing Plan B, I decided to watch tonight's game at Jimmy's place since he has a wide screen TV and the MLB TV station.

Well, I'm glad to report that we're both alive and well. Fortunately, it was one of the best games that either of us had ever watched. I don't have to recap the details, but we both agreed that a 2 run lead in a Sox-Yankee game means absolutely nothing. Nothing! And so it was proven, yet again!

Jimmy took the loss as graciously as anyone could expect. Of course, he would have liked to see the game end differently, but y'know what? There's another Sox-Yanks game tomorrow, and the day after that, and 15 more after that. No tellin' what the final tally will be at season's end, but we both agreed that baseball is the greatest game ever!




Dave & Jimmy take a break.

And Jimmy, if you're reading this, I still love ya even if you're not perfect!



No comments: