WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fenway West returns

Now that Matt and I are back from the VL (vacation list) and Fenway West has a full roster again, posting on a regular basis will resume.

Getting the 1st Rock and Sox benefit off to a successful start was a huge undertaking that took up a lot of my time, but despite its not going quite as planned, it qualified as a success. Mistakes were made (by me), and other circumstances beyond my control led to reaching a donation total less than the stated goal, and Sweet Caroline and Tessie being scratched off the set list. Lessons in event production have been duly noted and will be applied to next year’s event. Promises of more support from The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and The Boston Red Sox have me chomping at the bit to get started on the 2011 Rock and Sox Benefit. In addition to all the organizational work, the 2 rehearsals, 1 show, and 1 ball game (on about 5 hours sleep), Ian's Sox and Dawgs post and video about one of Carl Crawford’s (Tampa Bay) testicles.

No comments: