WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Uncanny coincidence

I clicked on a link today when I was reading another Red Sox blog and found myself looking over a list of final Red Sox W-L records over the past 100+ years. I know I have looked over similar lists in the past and don't know how I could have missed this, but these numbers jumped right out of the monitor this time:

1983 W-78 L-84 Pct .481 GB 20
1987 W-78 L-84 Pct .481 GB 20
1997 W-78 L-84 Pct .481 GB 20

Now what are the chances of this happening 3 times in 14 years? No matter, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

No comments: