WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bleacher Report- OOPS!



I saw the link and the title, so I clicked on it. I cruised through the slide show and saw a huge glaring mistake when I got to the last slide. Eric Ball has a photo of Mel Parnell where a photo of Cy Young should be. The title of his post reads "Ranking the Top Ten Pitchers in Yankees v. Red Sox History," when it should have read, "Ranking the Top Ten Pitchers in Yankees History." Three pitchers on his list played for both teams, but 2 of the 3 had considerably more success with the Yankees. While the 3rd had a good run with the Red Sox, he went on to the Yankees and continued to play well. Of the remaining 7 pitchers on Ball's list, 5 were Yankees and only 2 were Red Sox. I guess that's why his BR profile says he's "trying" to make a living in sports journalism.






No comments: