WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Box score from the past (04.04.01)




They don't call him the Captain for nuthin'! Jason Varitek has caught 4 no-hitters in his career, a record among all MLB catchers past and present. On April 4th, 2001, he caught his first- Hideo Nomo v. the Baltimore Orioles. The Baltimore line-up included Melvin Mora and Cal Ripken, while Sydney Ponson was the starting pitcher for the O's.

We only have 4 Mondays left before the Season starts, so for these last 4 'Box scores from the past,' I am soliciting suggestions from our readers. If you have a favorite game you would like to see show up here, send an e-mail to r e d s o x s o n o m a ( a t ) y a h o o ( d o t ) c o m . If you don't know the exact date, just tell me as much information you have about the game and I will research it and post it here.


A-Rod says, "I love that dirty leather."

No comments: