WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shaughnessy and Edes: Wakefield could be moved

Huh? WHAT?!

Dan Shaughnessy is just farting, but Edes reported it, too. These guys know, they know, that Wake never play for any other MLB team. They KNOW this. Zach Links of MLB Trade Rumors picked up Shaughnessy's fluff and ran with it, (not knowing who CHB is, I'm sure.) Red Sox officials including Theo Epstein denied the report of Tim Wakefield being on the trading block, as well as Dice-K, Mike Cameron, Darnell McDonald and Marco Scutaro not being on the trading block.

Could somebody please make Shaughnessy go away? This is his brief interview with Wake (not brief enough):

Q: Is it guaranteed that you are on the team? Has it ever occurred to you that you might not be on the team this year?
A: It hasn’t occurred to me.
Q: Well, you looked really good today, but your value is as a starter.
A: Right. In my opinion, that’s what my value is.
Q: So if you’re not going to start . . .
A: What are you getting at? If I’m not a starter, I don’t make the team?
Q: Not my call. I’m just wondering what else they would do. I like you as a starter.
A: Well, I like me as a starter, too, but right now it can’t happen.

No comments: