WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ben Mondor, owner of Pawtucket Red Sox, RIP


Ben Mondor passed away peacefully last night at his home at 85 years old. He purchased the PawSox in 1977. I knew the area well. McCoy Stadium used to be a dump, but he turned into a world class minor league stadium. I've had the pleasure of covering 2 games from the press box there. I was treated with respect by all the employees who were very polite and courteous, a sign of a well run organization. I'm sure Ben willed be missed by the baseball community in addition to his family and all those who knew him

No comments: