WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Box scores from the past (10.02.78 & 10.16.03)

This week I give you not 1, but 2 of the biggest heartbreakers in the history of the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry: the Bucky F. Dent game in 1978, and the Aaron F. Boone game of 2003. Why, you ask, do I bring up these 2 nightmares? The page has been turned on this rivalry. The Yankees are old and gettting older, while the Red Sox just got younger and better. The new owners, Heckle and Jeckle Steinbrenner, will only foul things up now that ol' King George is gone. These 2 games are reminders of the way things were. Painful memories, yes, I know, but that's all in the past now.




No comments: