WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Red Sox box score from the past (05.28.00)

Last Monday I posted a Red Sox line score from the past, and since there isn't a whole lot to report on (outside of speculating on what Theo 'might' do), I might just make this a weekly off season post.

I was reading this from a post on another blog:

One of the most vivid memories I have as a fan is Trot Nixon‘s Memorial Day Weekend 2000, national television 9th inning home run off of Roger Clemens in one of the best regular season games you could ever hope to see. Pedro Martinez and Clemens both went the distance, the former with 9 K’s and a Game Score of 87, the Rocket with 13 K’s and a Game Score of 82. That it was the 9th inning added to the drama, that it gave the Red Sox the lead against their biggest rival at their ballpark made it awesome, but what put Nixon’s bomb over the top was that it was off of arguably the greatest pitcher ever while that pitcher was at his very best.

So I decided to look that game up. Click here for the full box score.

No comments: