WELCOME!

And Thank You for visiting Sonoma Dave's Giant Red Sox Blog! This blog is an archive of most of my posts on Fenway West. Effective immediately, I will be be including posts about the San Francisco Giants, MLB, and on occasion, stuff that has nothing to do with baseball at all.

Please visit FENWAY WEST.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Jeter to the Red Sox for $100 million?!

This is what landed in my inbox a short while ago:


Weekly World News (satire)

By Frank Lake NEW YORK – An anonymous donor offered Derek Jeter $100 million to ditch his new Yankee deal and join the Boston Red Sox. Jeter agreed to it. ...

See all stories on this topic »
I thought, 'Huh?, WT?... (I missed 'satire' the 1st time around.) As soon as I started reading it though, I realized it had an Onion-esque tone to it, and a few seconds later, I knew it was satire and not true, but it is kind of funny considering how the media blew up over the Jeter-signing-with-the-Red-Sox brouhaha the past week or so. It was pretty funny reading some of those posts from all sorts of baseball news outlets trying to get one up on another.
 




No comments: